Are you looking for an opportunity to be at the forefront of innovative technology and help people imagine, design, and make a better world? Join our team! Autodesk's Visualisation Team is seeking a Principal Full Stack Developer with an interest for web graphics, data visualization and SaaS. You will help us build the next-generation web visualization platform for "Design and Make" data at Autodesk. Reporting to our Software Engineering Manager, you'll work closely with our team members and help us continue to build our cloud platform and services. You'll also collaborate with domain experts from several product teams across Autodesk.
Role can be based anywhere in Canada.
- Make a significant contribution to the design, architecture, and implementation of the next-generation web graphics platform meant for 2D/3D rendering applications
- Develop new capabilities for our 2D/3D web visualization component
- Collaborate with our teams and external partners to contribute to graphics open-source initiatives
- Write functional requirement documents and developer user guides
- Understand, embrace, and promote Agile methodologies and principles within our team
- Write and maintain code following software development best practices (Testing, Secure coding practices, CI/CD)
- Perform code reviews, evaluate implementations, and provide feedback for improvements
- Participate in technical and architectural discussions
- Passionate about solving graphics or performance-related problems
- Experience with computer graphics (WebGL/OpenGL/other)
- Excellent understanding of Design Patterns and Object-Oriented development
- Practical experience with Agile development methodologies
- Experienced with system design
- Experience defining and building CI/CD processes and with common CI/CD tools (Jenkins/Circle CI/Spinnaker)
- Experience with cloud-native applications
- Experience communicating updates and resolutions to other partners with extended team members
- Experience developing 3D web/desktop graphics applications
- Knowledge of open standards such as USD, MaterialX, glTF, etc.
- Experience with Docker and Kubernetes/ECS environments
- Proficiency in using observability tools such as OpenTelemetry, Prometheus, and Grafana.
- Prior contributions to open-source projects in the graphics domain
- Experienced in cross-platform development on desktop and mobile
- Experience using WebAssembly
- University degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
Welcome to Autodesk! Amazing things are created every day with our software – from the greenest buildings and cleanest cars to the smartest factories and biggest hit movies. We help innovators turn their ideas into reality, transforming not only how things are made, but what can be made.
We take great pride in our culture here at Autodesk – our Culture Code is at the core of everything we do. Our values and ways of working help our people thrive and realize their potential, which leads to even better outcomes for our customers.
When you’re an Autodesker, you can be your whole, authentic self and do meaningful work that helps build a better future for all. Ready to shape the world and your future? Join us!