Scoutbee's AI-powered Supplier Intelligence and Discovery platform is leading the digital procurement (r)evolution. We believe we need a more sustainable economy that works for both people and the planet. Our mission is to drive this transformation by providing companies with better data, enabling them to make better decisions, and contribute to creating a better world.
We are looking for a (Senior) Data Engineer to join us on this data journey in our Berlin office and help shape the data ecosystem at Scoutbee.
Your Role and Responsibilities:
- Facilitate the design of data architecture to support the changing data landscape of cloud technology
- Create and maintain data pipelines and value streams for Data Engineering
- Take ownership of Data architecture and data flow for scoutbee
- Develop Data Ops initiatives as part of the long-term plan
- Assist in scaling scoutbee to millions of suppliers, purchasers and billions of products indexed and cataloged in the knowledge graph
- Design and implement standard Data APIs
Challenges You Will Be Working On:
- Develop Python code for AWS services
- Testing of developed features
- Unit tests of developed features
- Manage tasks on DevOps sprint boards
What you bring to our team:
- 5+ years of experience in the role of a Data Engineer
- Extensive familiarity with Structured, Semi-Structured, and Unstructured Data
- In-depth expertise in ETL Pipelines
- Proficient with Python
- Exceptional command of Elasticsearch, Databricks, and Airflow
- Solid understanding of AWS Data Ecosystem, including Data Lake and S3
- Experience contributing to CI/CD Systems like Github CI and ArgoCD
- Good command in English language
What's in it for you:
- Work with a team that is on a mission to revolutionize digital procurement - for better data, better decisions and a better world
- Contribute your ideas and work on challenging projects that will impact the future of modern procurement
- Virtual Stock Option Program for all employees, because ownership at all levels matters
- Development budget and growth paths for your individual learning journey
- Hybrid working model with flexibility for remote work and onsite collaboration
- Benefits supporting your health and wellbeing (Urban Sports Club, Counseling through Better Help, company organized sports activities)
- Kindergarten grant, with priority selection for Kita in our Berlin building (right across the hall!)
- Unlimited access to German and English language courses via Lingoda, adapted to your level and availability
Who we are:
Scoutbee’s market-leading supplier data platform empowers procurement professionals to enhance their master data, make better sourcing decisions, and find and onboard new suppliers from all over the world. Powered by AI and ML, Scoutbee enables faster end-to-end strategic sourcing projects with up to 90% less effort than traditional methods. By providing comprehensive and dynamic supplier data, Scoutbee facilitates proactive sourcing decisions that strengthen supply chain resilience, improve sustainability, drive innovation, reduce time to market, and increase diversity. Scoutbee is trusted by industry leaders in the automotive, agricultural, energy, FMCG, industrial machinery, and life science sectors.
Scoutbee is a recognized leader in AI-driven procurement technology, which is used by companies like Audi, Siemens, and Unilever, and the winner of many prestigious awards including Gartner’s 2020 “Cool Vendor” in Sourcing and Procurement for Supply Chain, “ProcureTech 100”, and Spend Matters’ “50 Vendors to Watch 2022”.
Backed by HV Capital (formerly HV Holtzbrinck Ventures), 42cap, Toba Capital, Atomico, Lakestar, and Next47, Scoutbee has raised $76m in funding to date. For more details, visit the website and follow Scoutbee on LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, and YouTube.