Fidelity Clearing Canada (FCC) is the leading independent clearing broker and custodian in the Canadian market. We provide trade execution, clearing, custody and back-office support services to Canadian-based brokerage firms and the Canadian brokerage arms of U.S.-based firms.
- As a Technical Application Support Analyst, you will serve as a member of Fidelity Clearing Canada (FCC) technology in a technical support and troubleshooting role and maintaining service quality for FCC applications currently in production to support the client base. This will involve responding to client service requests and providing quality problem resolution in a timely manner.
What You Will Do:
- Ensures that all requests raised by clients and users are handled timely and appropriately
- Answers questions, clearings faults, proposes solutions, and/or arranges for appropriate measures to be taken
- Tracks, troubleshoots and resolves application related issues
- Evaluates client requirements and processes (eg. Enhancements or maintenance)
- As a liaison between the vendor and users, effectively communicating in both business and technical terms
- Interacts with clients, vendors, FCC employees and other Fidelity firm wide partners
- Documents all problems and assists in their resolution
- Takes ownership of solving a customer's problem promptly; use all available resources to achieve the best outcome.
- Delivers seamless customer service through teamwork and collaboration
What We Are Looking For:
- Completion of minimum 3 year post-secondary program or relevant work experience
- Application Support and Operations Environment experience is required
- 3-5 years’ experience in a client application support role within Financial Services industry, ideally within the brokerage market
- 5+ years’ experience with relevant back office and trading applications
- Experience in setting up Secure File Transfer Protocols (SFTP) and file delivery
- Experience with Dataphile an asset
- Solid knowledge and working experience in brokerage business environment with a particular focus on post-trade, mid/back office applications
- Strong knowledge of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) is required
- Experience in the following (or a combination of the following) is appropriate: Business user with direct and relevant technical experience, Technology support with relevant business exposure, Technical Analyst with business/systems process experience
- CSC or IFIC is an asset
- Bilingual (French/English) verbal and written skills is nice to hav
The Expertise You Bring:
- Desire and commitment to excellent client service and able to prioritize and manage multiple issues
- Excellent communication skills both written and oral; ability to effectively communicate technical material to non-technical users
- Detailed oriented with excellent analytical skills; aptitude for probing and uncovering underlying technical issues and business constraints when dealing with problems
- Use of creativity in finding alternative solutions to business needs
- Able to work in team environment by participating in a collaborative approach in dealing with and partnering with fellow members
This position will be following a 100% remote working arrangement.
Current work authorization for Canada is required for all openings.
Fidelity Canada is an equal opportunity employer
Fidelity Canada is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive workplace. We will consider all qualified applicants for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, family status, protected veterans’ status, Aboriginal/Native American status or any other legally-protected ground.
Accommodation during the application process
Fidelity Canada welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in the selection process. If you require an accommodation, please email us at FidelityCanadaStaffing@fidelity.ca.